Does a full load affect Wheel Spacers?

Just been thinking about adding some spacers to my T6. I normally fit spacers on all my cars so they fall inline with the wheel arch.

Never added them to a van, just wondering if the load in the van will affect them? I’m a valet/detailer so all I’ll have is a 250L water tank, hoovers, steamer, drill, towels, DA polisher, 30m extension cable, Kranz pressure washer, couple of water buckets, my products (1 litre bottles plus 5 litre bottle), 20m rubber hose and reel and a 40kg electric generator. Other wee odd bits like brushes, smoke machine but nothing that will add to much weight.

250 litre = 250kg water tank:oops:
That apart most have spacers on the rear as rear wheels tend to be a bit shy and like to hide at the back of the wheel arch during the day.:geek:

250 litre = 250kg water tank:oops:
That apart most have spacers on the rear as rear wheels tend to be a bit shy and like to hide at the back of the wheel arch during the day.:geek:
Yeah 250L tank which is pretty standard for our work .

They sure do, you think I should add some? What’s the best setup regarding size?

AEAD04BA-70C3-4837-B93F-42AD88323DEA.jpeg

Fitting spacers on the rear only and yes I probably would as you've got a little bit of overhang going on there but only a modest 20mm of spacer at most.
If you want a beefier look then go staggered.
IMG20240427162635.jpg
They're 8.5" wide 18s with 255 45 with 20mm spacers on the back and sitting on H&R coilovers, ride height is limited by underslung water tank... 70 litres! :whistle:

I been thinkin exactly the same for mine - not sure what width spacer but they are a little shy in the arches currently for my liking.

I run 30mm rear spacers and no issues with 400 kg of passengers and 100kg nose weight on the towbar for me. I actually would run 40mm rear but they are custom order so higher priced.

I’ve got a set of 15mm & 20mm spacers that I’ll be putting one set of on the rear of mine. Can’t decide on which ones to go with (Navis GP7’s) but leaning more towards the 15mm currently. Will be a set of the ones I don’t use, with bolts, going on the for sale section as soon as I decide…

Here is the post I recalled…
The H&R adaptor spacers are the strongest safest way to do this and TUV approved of course , we carry them in stock they come with all the hardware to mount ( 20 bolts per axle ) they have the bolts that are the same as the VW genuine ones domed . Look great with 17 inch Devonports £140.00 per axle kit ( 2 adaptors 20 bolts per kit )

21 mm front 25 mm rear is the best way to do it .

Adaptors are so much safer than spacers and long bolts ( we have seen nightmares with normal spacers )
Maybe give CRS in Cannock a call to find out if there is a weight limit etc.

Back