Does a Vango Air-Awning chafe paintwork?

8APS

Has anyone pictures of a Vango blow up awning where it sits against the van(elasticated bit) and does it not chafe the paintwork in wind or do you leave a gap?

Many thanks

awning 2.jpg
Our awning does not touch due to it being fitted to a fiamma wind out awning 100mm gap I can get it closer at the bottom by pegging it under the van but that defeats the driveaway aspect

That’s exactly how mine looked and was wondering if there should be a gap or not? My wife then said yes but if there was a gap, then wind would blow through and into the tunnel part and may cause the awning to lift? As I said to her, you are thinking way too much into it

Personally once its pegged and pulled tight with the adjusters unless you have an extremely windy night it doesn't move about that much.

Personally once its pegged and pulled tight with the adjusters unless you have an extremely windy night it doesn't move about that much.
Plus one - also, mine has been up in some pretty windy conditions and I don't think it's damaged any paintwork yet. That said, @Loz has come up a good idea above.

That’s exactly how mine looked and was wondering if there should be a gap or not? My wife then said yes but if there was a gap, then wind would blow through and into the tunnel part and may cause the awning to lift? As I said to her, you are thinking way too much into it
don't worry about that gap what about the one under the van

Not a draft in site!!!
Has anyone thought about rigging up a convoluted hose from the night heater outlet in the van to their awning for those cool evenings?

Not a draft in site!!!
Has anyone thought about rigging up a convoluted hose from the night heater outlet in the van to their awning for those cool evenings?
Just don't confuse the heater outlet with the exhaust. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Ha ha I think I may know which one is which as being an ex technician or in old money(as that’s what I am) grease monkey/mechanic
Has anyone not tried it yet???

Reactions: Bav
Back