Does CarPlay come automatically or does it need activating?

Rob 79

T6 Pro
Hey guys,

Should be picking up my 2016 T6 Highline in a week or so. Does anyone know if the satnav system/headunit comes with Apple CarPlay or is it an extra?

Thanks in advance!;)

So I can go to a VW garage at a later date and get them to upload the necessary software?
Any idea of cost?

It's only just becoming available so not all are offering yet, expect to pay circa £200

Just spoke to VW and they said £201 for the software update and then an hours labour which will be £118. Might just go for Kenwood instead.

It took a while for the guy on parts at VW to find out whether they could do it on mine or not. I just gave him my reg as I’m not sure what model my headunit is and I’m picking up the van on Wednesday. I’m guessing it would only be available on the nav units though.

Hi all. Long story, short. Seen lots of threads and posts regarding Apple Carplay for the Discovery Media Unit in T6's. Whether it can or cannot added as a retro install. Well, today we have installed it to our 2016 T6. Ordered the activation key (via VW) and programmed the unit online (via Germany) with our Odis system.

Hi
Im trying to connect apple car play in my T6 van however i cant connect with my iPhone, Im not sure if the unit needs a software update or the actual unit is not compatible but when looking at the actual screen when you go into app connect it does shown apple car play at he bottom of the screen.
I have enclosed a photo of the unit in my van and would appreciate if anyone could help, my phone is updated and i have also used the original iPhone cable but no success?.IMG_2624.jpg

Back