Double passenger to single - yellow connector

suntan46

Need help, just bought single seat and looking to change. The double has yellow connector which is airbag, the new seat doesn't have connector but looks like it's been cut so with just join the old connector to these cables. What is the other connector block on attached to seat ? Thanks

20240608_202408.jpg

20240608_202435.jpg

20240608_202938.jpg

20240608_202946.jpg

20240608_202952.jpg

That other connector looks like the heated seat connector.
I was hoping that, might just chance my arm and connect the cables tomorrow into yellow connector and see if it all works. Don't know why the person I bought it off cut the connector off mind.

I was hoping that, might just chance my arm and connect the cables tomorrow into yellow connector and see if it all works. Don't know why the person I bought it off cut the connector off mind.
Yeah I don't know why you'd cut off the airbag connector! It can be tricky to remove if you don't know how, I suppose... :oops:

Just be aware if you switch on the ignition with the airbag connector not connected you'll get an airbag error that will need to be cleared with carista or vcds (not sure which one).

Yeah I don't know why you'd cut off the airbag connector! It can be tricky to remove if you don't know how, I suppose... :oops:

Just be aware if you switch on the ignition with the airbag connector not connected you'll get an airbag error that will need to be cleared with carista or vcds (not sure which one).
I made that mistake last week when changing the wheel lol

If that's still connected to a live airbag ignitor the other end that would make me very nervous indeed, I've done too much work around pyro to be happy with dangling leads and static risk.

Just don't be near where the bag would deploy if you work on that cable

If that's still connected to a live airbag ignitor the other end that would make me very nervous indeed, I've done too much work around pyro to be happy with dangling leads and static risk.

Just don't be near where the bag would deploy if you work on that cable
Is there a guide of how to remove the air bag. I will replace it, but can't see a how to anywhere.

Back