Drivers door not locking

JAC13

VIP Member
Hi. I'm about ready to throw this all out the window, "THE VW CAMPER EXPERIENCE".
What a money pit, as we all know but tried to defend the reliability part saying the money went on personality but no more, i've taken the EGR on the chin with less than 35000 on the clock wilhich was best part of a grand, other issues have popped up and again just dealt with them. But now I've had it, first I had rear barn door issues not opening, kind of got round this, then sliding door wouldn't latch shut!!! REALLY!!!
Final straw today... drivers door not been closing properly ever since I put the rubber seal on( for an upgrade)!!!! And have to give it the biggun to close!!!But today it looks flush with body work but on the screen inside it's saying open and won't lock on keypad and no flashing led!! At end of my tether.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Hiya.

Something similar happened to my brother in law on his T6. Drivers door wouldn't lock and passenger door locked but couldn't open from outside.

His fix was to take the bench seat out, door card off and replace the passenger side lock actuator.

Once that was fitted, passenger door worked. I believe (but don't quote me on this) that the o/s and n/s) has to work as one circuit, so if one is defunct, it won't allow the door to lock.

Back