DSG ACC - does the van come to a complete stop?

suntan46

Can someone with Acc on T6 with Dsg tell me if the van comes to a complete stop on it's own if the vehicle in front comes to a stop. Mine does not and will activate a warning sound and ask me to brake. On my old golf it would come to a complete stop and then to resume you would press the accelerator. Thanks

Can someone with Acc on T6 with Dsg tell me if the van comes to a complete stop on it's own if the vehicle in front comes to a stop. Mine does not and will activate a warning sound and ask me to brake. On my old golf it would come to a complete stop and then to resume you would press the accelerator. Thanks
Yes, it should bring the van down to a complete stop, then after a second ask you to press the brake. As it doesn't have an electronic handbrake, it can't do the full complete stop, hold, and set off again. But it 100% should brake down to a complete stop without any intervention.

However, yours sounds like the car in front has stopped too quickly and the hazard warning thing is triggering. What does it do if the vehicle ahead gradually comes to a stop?

My T6 does, to a total stop.

As above.

T6.1 has a slightly different system.

Can you get a video clip of yours?

Mine too. Love it on the slow moving M25
Yep, I have to take the M25 to get pretty much anywhere, I would not be without it.

It's a shame it's not like my old Skoda with an electronic handbrake, that would do a full stop and pull off again with just a tap on the the accelerator or a flick of the CC stick to get the car moving again. Feet had to do absolutely nothing, pure bliss!!

But it's very rare I need it to bring me to a full stop - however it does do it when it needs to.

My T6.1 comes to a complete stop then prompts you to 'apply brake', if you do in a timely manner the ACC remains active and once the brake pedal is released it resumes and will accelerate away. However if you dont apply the brake quickly enough it disengages the ACC and will roll forward.

One of my favourite T6.1 features is the stop/start...

Where it uses the ACC radar to detect cars Infront that start to move.... Love that.

On The T6 you need to release the brake in initiate a restart...

Is someone can retrofit it for me please ...

Back