Erkul Rear Guard on T6.1

Tekniques

Ideas wanted. I purchased this rear guard which was originally advertised as T5, T6, T6.1 only to find later the mounting holes at the rear do not exist behind the bumper for my 2023 T6.1 Barn Door model. I don't know if its due to having barn doors or if its a T6.1 change they made to the rear chassis.

Product - they since updated their listing to remove T6.1

Install video showing the location of the mounting holes:

For the time being I found a spot where I've drilled the required mount holes into the toughened plastic crash part that runs behind the length of the bumper and is bolted to the chassis. It works, seems solid enough to take a direct impact however as its mounted to the plastic moulds, you cannot step on it to support your weight.

Any ideas for how to get it mounted onto the chassis with or without custom brackets?

Can't help specifically, but I do know that barn door & tailgate bumpers differ - so a good chance a bumper mounted step is going to use difference fixing points for the 2 different rears!

Do they do a barn door specific rear step?

Can't help specifically, but I do know that barn door & tailgate bumpers differ - so a good chance a bumper mounted step is going to use difference fixing points for the 2 different rears!

Do they do a barn door specific rear step?
unfortunately not... thanks for confirming.

Back