Failed...

Badjamin

Live long and camper!
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Edited

I'm here to vent. I have a T6 and a wolfbox G840s that I have utterly failed to install myself today... the hardwire kit I bought online (cheap) was faulty. So I went to Halfords and bought their hardwire kit. Oh what a meal I made of routing the wires! - BUY CHEAP BUY TWICE only myself to blame.

The fuse box is a portal to pain and sadness... all the unoccupied slots in the middle didn't work and the occupied ones are no better. Id have been better off just using the cig lighter socket. I had hoped that the dashcam would be always on and not pulling too much charge on standby but be ready to record when the van wobbles etc The dashcam only seems to come on when I start the engine. But then other times it comes on when I just turn on the ignition... but not always... it's hit and miss...

Wiring in to the reverse light wire went reasonably well... then wiring through the barn door was an utter catastrophe. I didn't have enough cable to get the camera central to the van so I had to make do with it being in the centre of the number plate on the left barn door.... -in retrospect wiring into the reverse light was unnecessary. The lines in reverse mode are useless. All that effort to make the cam automatically pan down when i engage reverse? Not worth it. Now disconnected. Now the revrse wire disconnected i have plenty of cable to move cam more central.

oh and the cruise control doesn't work now... so am proper fed up... I'm hoping if I disconnect the reverse cam that CC will return? I simply turned it off accidentally when messing with fuses and didn't realise there was an on/off button on the wheel... what a noob

The picture when reversing isn't as good as I thought it would be aspect wise - just an utter baws up... cheap camera kit, to be expected

In addition, i thought I'd finish off with installing my THQ brand new LEDs to replace the mismatched ones but the THQ bulbs aren't compatible... i seem to have cheap lookalike headlights...20240530_173933.jpg

Last edited:
Back