Faros III Air Low - anyone got one? Worth going Kela Pro Air?

aworthy

T6 Pro
Faros III Air Low £515~
Kela Pro Air Low £825~

Afternoon,

Looking for our first awning for the camper.

We just want a small attachment, we really like to go as minimalist as possible when we go away. Just need a little extra 'room when we're away for a couple days.

I like the look of the Faros 3, it seems slightly smaller but still a decent awning? Is it worth paying £300~ more to go for the kela?

Finally, we have a Reimo multirail attached to the van. Do we STILL have to buy some sort of driveaway kit or does it come with it? It seems like there are 2 you can buy, 4mm+6mm, or 6mm+6mm?

Thanks

If your looking for minimalist, why not Faros Low, poled version of Faros 3, lighter and cheaper.

Do try and look at a few options in a camping showroom - you don't want to join the the "For Sale, only used once" club.

If your looking for minimalist, why not Faros Low, poled version of Faros 3, lighter and cheaper.

Do try and look at a few options in a camping showroom - you don't want to join the the "For Sale, only used once" club.
From reading around the web it seems like Air awnings are generally just….better. Quicker/easier to set up, more sustainable to bad weather etc!

Quicker/easier to set up, more sustainable to bad weather etc!
Quicker set up, yes, but no to sustainable in bad weather when compared to the poled version.

As for which is a better size I guess that depends on how much stuff you take in the van, including people.
I use the faros with a kitchen, table, chair and a small area for storage and it's fine for that but for a couple it might get a bit tight.

Last edited:
Back