Fiamma F45S awning wind out distance?

burnsy79

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Is is safe enough to just wind the F45S out a little and peg down? Can’t find any info from Fiamma (shock).

We bought storm straps but I’ve either been too heavy handed with them and they’ve snapped or they are faulty. Both in the same place.

Anyone have experience of just winding the awning out 1m or so?

It is possible, but a faff.

What storm strap do you have? The Fiamma one goes over both two arms.

We have just got the Graft suction feet clamps. I have filed down the Fiamma feet a fraction, and if I'm careful, can get the awning quite close, useful if there is a bit of rain and you don't want to put it all the way out. Just have to be a bit careful opening the sliding door, and you can't open the passenger door.

Is is safe enough to just wind the F45S out a little and peg down? Can’t find any info from Fiamma (shock).

We bought storm straps but I’ve either been too heavy handed with them and they’ve snapped or they are faulty. Both in the same place.

Anyone have experience of just winding the awning out 1m or so?
I've just got one fitted today. Fitters said you can wind out as much as you require. Am I missing something?

I was also planning on winding awning out a metre or two and putting the drive away awning on the fiamma attachment aswell

Just make sure that what ever distance you wind out the Fiamma that you have the legs extended high enough to clear the passenger door or you end up scraping the paint off the top edge of the door.

If it is raining and windy, we have ours wound in a lot more than this photo , and we also lower the legs considerably, to give us good protection when entering or leaving. We also always use the Fiama clips that slide onto front rail, for tie down ropes. We have found it to be very secure this way...do have to duck heads to get under though,but at least we stay dry.

20240730_100504.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Back