First impressions

Alspeed

First day of work for my new van today, first impressions are as follows......

Bad stuff

Dash is lovely to look at, but shite for storing anything. Even the service book doesn't fit in the glove box.:rolleyes:

Cup holder is too far away and normal mugs don't fit.

Window and mirror switches have been moved forward on the door cards.....nicely out of reach unless you are a baboon, it now requires a concerted effort to operate the windows......Stupid!

Rear view mirror is a slimmer design, so my Tom Tom sucker mount won't stick to it.

Engine cut out thingy is alarmingly random at times, and incredibly annoying in town.

Currently averaging 24.5 mpg :eek:

Good stuff

Electric latching tailgate is fab, no more slamming whilst juggling a handful of tools etc, never thought something so insignificant would prove to be so useful and pleasing.

DSG, wasn't convinced I would like it, but finding it excellent so far. Only negative is the gear position markers are set up for LHD and impossible to see from the drivers seat without major contortions.
Sure the positions will become second nature after a while.

Auto headlights, nice touch.

Heated screen, another nice touch.

LED headlights, eye watering cost but utterly brilliant.

Discovery media unit works great and instantly pairs with my phone every time without drama, unlike the old Kenwood which had a mind of its own and used to drive me nuts. Sound is reasonable, but could do with some rear speakers. Rear camera works a treat.

In conclusion, apart from minor design niggles the T6 is a good leap forward from my old 5.1 and certainly more than a facelift as some have suggested.

Back