Flagpole recommendation please

Oldrat

Senior Crafter
T6 Legend
Our carbon fibre flag pole was destroyed in last weeks wind and rain.

We bought it from a stand at one of the shows a few years ago but have only used it a handful of times. It actually looked like it was really a low grade fishing pole.

Has anyone got any recommendations for where to buy another hoping for better quality.

It is really handy for the grandchildren to find their way back at busy venues.

Thanks

Have a look here.....

I’ve read the thread a couple of times but I still haven’t ordered one yet! I can’t make up my mind what size.

well . .

most people go for the 6m or 8m.

the 4m it very small - so not visible from far away.

the 8m is very tall - so very visible from far away . . . but large and can be cumbersome to put up if its windy.

the 6m is the happy medium. (porridge / just right for most)

++++++++++

so if you want to make a statement get a 8m.

if you want a token gesture to just hang a team flag get a 4m

for everyone else - get a 6m.

++++++++++++

i have 4m`s and 8m`s . . .

1628668129487.png1628668137234.png

and this is the T6F summer camp . .

we had 4m in the middle . . . and 8m`s at the ends.

1628668624638.png

1628668170346.png

Last edited:
I've just made a 5m long streamer to fly from my Brookite 9m pole, been trying it out in the back garden this weekend to see if my sewing will stand up to the rigours of the UK wind.
Just had my neighbour (who, to be honest, I don't get on well with) complain that it has been interfering with their television reception?
I can't for the life of me see how (the nearest transmitter in in the opposite direction) but I've moved it to the other side of the garden anyway and will see if their complaint persists...

Bugger, I now have to find a cost effective option for a flag pole from whatever is lurking down the side of the house......got some canes from last year tomatoes and some gaffer tape.......

Back