Forty Winks bed extension

mattrad

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Posting in case anyone is interested in doing the same.

I have a T6 SWB with mid row of seats and a Forty Winks bed installed. It's a great bed but there are times when there's only one or two of us, and I'd like more cab space - but the seats are in. If I take them out, I can't use the bed. So I've knocked up a small extension. It's 128 x 50 cm bit of MDF, giving a length enough in total for a 190cm mattress. It's using adjustable Adils legs from Ikea I had spare. The legs screw in and out, so the bed extension can be collapsed for easy storage. And it doubles as a low table for playing games. My go at covering with 4 way stretch carpet worked out ok, but I need to clean up the glue somehow.

I reckon Forty Winks are missing a trick here - I think having this extra bit so I can use the bed without the seats will come in very handy, and I'm sure they could do a way better job than me :)

IMG_5097 Large.jpeg
IMG_5098 Large.jpeg
IMG_5099 Large.jpeg

It’s an Inofia 12 cm thick memory foam one. Click on “a 190cm mattress” in my post above and it’ll take you to the Amazon page.

Nice thank you for that, just what i was after
I have the forty winks and agree that the seat less option could be useful

I have a similar comfy mattress but split mine into 2 x singles for ease of handling and storage at home .... IKEA bed chair mattress

Back