Fortywinks bed and mattress - any good?

Octane85

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I’m looking at a bed system for a day van setup.

Does anyone have experience with the forty winks bed system and the mattress?

The mattress in particular seems a bit pricey?

Just fitted a Fortywinks set up in my van at the weekend. All good so far. Not tested it overnight yet though

Inofia mattress for my forty winks bed, best thing I ever bought
Which one? Do you keep it in the van all the time or take it out when not using? My concern with a full mattress like that would be storage.

Just fitted a Fortywinks set up in my van at the weekend. All good so far. Not tested it overnight yet though

Did you go with one of their mattresses? Any thoughts on comfort so far?

Did you go with one of their mattresses? Any thoughts on comfort so far?

Yes, with mattress. Only rolled around on it after fitting and it feels plush enough, although maybe stiffer to my own bed. Sleeping on it will be the real test. But I'm used to staying in many hotels with differing qualities of beds. I am contemplating Duvalay sleeping bags to get the extra comfort of a topper.

I went for the Inofia folding mattres- it’s superb in my opinion slighlofirm bit is memory foam.
Folds into three parts like the forty winks but more premium imho

I went for the Inofia folding mattres- it’s superb in my opinion slighlofirm bit is memory foam.
Folds into three parts like the forty winks but more premium imho

Aah, I didn’t see the folding one.
Which size did you go for? Double or king?

I’m used to a very firm bed as I have a mattress made pretty much of the same stuff this inofia is so should be fine

20220327_102030.jpgwe've got fortywinks lwb bed and 2 single vango shangri la 15 self inflating mattress, well comfy, we leave the mattresses on the bed, however when travelling we put one mattress on top of the other and use the other side for packing stuff usually like clothes etc in sports direct bags on similar

Hi all,

I’m looking at a bed system for a day van setup.

Does anyone have experience with the forty winks bed system and the mattress?

The mattress in particular seems a bit pricey?
Had one in the van a couple of years now, slept on it loads. It's firm to start with but defo softens off a bit after a few sleeps, I'd say it's comfy but I'm not into mushy mattresses.

Also folds up nice and neat in there, never take it out the van.

You guys with the Van King bed... is the mattress a pain to store?
Would it fit below bed boards (front to rear) to use top as storage?

You guys with the Van King bed... is the mattress a pain to store?
Would it fit below bed boards (front to rear) to use top as storage?
You have loads of storage above when the mattress is folded at the zips and stacked, we’ve had no problems whatsoever and now we have the Van King sliding tray even better.

John.IMG_0713.jpeg

Interesting stuff .. I’m on the verge of shelling out for the 40 winks bed and memory foam mattress but maybe an alternate mattress or topper would be just as good and cheaper , any recommendations

Interesting stuff .. I’m on the verge of shelling out for the 40 winks bed and memory foam mattress but maybe an alternate mattress or topper would be just as good and cheaper , any recommendations
I was torn between the ovano and 40 winks. In the end went 40 winks partly due to price but also felt it would work better for my use ie day van and some work. The 40w covers my tool boxes but also easy to fold back allowing me to still get a bulk bag in standing up. Down side is you have to reach under to grab kit rather than be there on the slide out drawer. Less effort to remove complete and easy to store if i need the full payload. Easy to get 3m+ lengths of copper and wood in in fact tubes slide nicely down the passenger side floor. The guy at 40w was really helpful and has improved design slightly and local ish so good for a pick up

Re the mattress i already had two single ikea bed chair mattresses from my T5 which are very comfortable, not overly expensive and went singles as easily man handled and stored. I understand the 40w mattresses are good though and ovano use them

Sometimes regret not pushing boat out for ovano but for my purposes i think the pros outway the cons and very happy with my decision. The 40w is very well made and finished.

I was torn between the ovano and 40 winks. In the end went 40 winks partly due to price but also felt it would work better for my use ie day van and some work. The 40w covers my tool boxes but also easy to fold back allowing me to still get a bulk bag in standing up. Down side is you have to reach under to grab kit rather than be there on the slide out drawer. Less effort to remove complete and easy to store if i need the full payload. Easy to get 3m+ lengths of copper and wood in in fact tubes slide nicely down the passenger side floor. The guy at 40w was really helpful and has improved design slightly and local ish so good for a pick up

Re the mattress i already had two single ikea bed chair mattresses from my T5 which are very comfortable, not overly expensive and went singles as easily man handled and stored. I understand the 40w mattresses are good though and ovano use them

Sometimes regret not pushing boat out for ovano but for my purposes i think the pros outway the cons and very happy with my decision. The 40w is very well made and finished.
Thanks very much for this post, it very helpfull

Back