Free Night in Norfolk

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi, One an all. My son Simon and fiance Mandy have just taken over The Bell at Marlingford, also known as the 'Marlingford Bell'. Free House, offering real local ales, Madri Lager , pub favourite is Mild with a Guinness Lid. Total of 13 beers, cider, lager and stout. all of which are under a £5 per pint. To be installed at the end of the month is a Pirate Ship for kiddies, next to farm land and country lanes. Extra camping can be found at The Swan Camp Site Barford. about 1 mile away.
Offering free overnight parking for Forum members on Monday through to Thursday. No continuance, as in using 1 night only regarding camping regs etc.
Just patronage of the Pub. No Food available at the moment, ( Chef Wanted ). There is a water tap, and that's it. But it is for free!
Okay where is it? Marlingford, Bawburgh Rd, NR9 5HX. Rear parking for about 12 vans. About 2 miles from the Norfolk Showground, so great location for the MoHo Rally end of July, stay Wednesday and be the first through the gate on Thursday, again welcome on the Monday. Local bus service right outside. Or use local service from Easton into Norwich City. If you want to make a real event and meet up with others, then need to speak to Mandy 01603.880265. Current advertising with live events and more via 'facebook'
Will add some photos, when we can see some vans on site and a flag run up the mast.

Very kind, will certainly take that offer up next time we visit our son. We stayed at The Chequers at Hainford, not far away, last year, nice quiet car park and great food and beer

On a school night?

You might get more people on a Friday evening or Daytime?

Brit stop style.

Been looking for a T6 meet for a while, and this is practically on my doorstep (well - would have been 7 years ago as I lived in the next village!) - so would be good if a regular meet came of this

RE school night; my grandchildren are all at work.
The Forum is as they say, a broad church of ages. Most clubs; Triumph, Morgan, Soft Top, Jag, Porsche etc all have regular weekly meetings. The Bell Car Park is pretty rammed at week-ends.
Don't forget mid week is still free parking, so could still get to work the next morning, if local of course. Plus the possibility of selling off or buying parts.
IF you live within 20 miles. Drop me a personal line and will try to compile what the possible take up would be. Also if Tuesdays not convenient, what would your preference be?
Thanks for the 14 approvals to date.

Slight delay with the Pirate ship, manufacturing overload me thinks, coming from Germany. So at least not PRC.

Since posting re the free overnight, the pub has since seen quite a few vans and motorhomes. The pub has regrading a 3 spot area , for vans and electric hook up is looking to be installed with electric car charge points, in the near future if demand is there.
The next Tuesday Meet will be 12th August. Have placed out about 40 flyers on windscreens within a 5 mile radius alone. So Norfolk is awash with Campers. Several vanners I have talked to, are all looking to either advertise their business, first hand or owners seeking advise.
I will be giving away about 20 magazines on the Tuesday evening. If you have something to sell or swap, van or camping, come along.

So, 2nd Tuesday of the month at Bell at Marlingford meet. NR9 5HX 10 minutes from the Norfolk Showground on the A47. Around 7-9.

Back