Front bumper ‘fixing’ broken- nearest to headlight. Any fixes recommended please

Mr Hero

VIP Member
Hi all

I caught the corner of my front bumber on a mound of earth and snapped one of the fixings that hold the front bumper on…it’s the click-in fixing that is nearest to the headlight.

As a result, it is not quite flush with the wing. I’m not sure if it’s the bumper bit or the wing bit that has broken but any ideas for a fix. I was thinking of araldite and a bit of plastic somewhere but not sure if this is sturdy enough.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers Rob

Araldite Rapid will fix most bumper bracket / fixings, just a case of getting it clean enough. Sometimes drilling a few extra holes and allowing the epoxy to run through adds some anchorage.

This might sound daft but was the bumper on the van at the time you caught it on the mound of earth and if so have you removed the bumper and examined the clips?
I only ask because there is a plastic bracket that fixes to the front wing. The moulded clips on the bumper locate into this bracket.
That bracket on the wing is only about £8 from VW.

Thanks DXX and Bigsidavies for the reply. I have spoken to a mechanic who said about the bracket and clips. i will try to examine the bumper whilst still on to see if it’s the moulded clips or bracket. If it’s the bracket, I will replace. If it’s the clips, I will epoxy a bit of plastic to mend it cheers

Back