Front cab fixtures re-colour

Kips

VIP Member
T6 Pro
My next planned job is to line the cab roof in the same suede effect as the rear roof panel. I’ve chosen charcoal (I know. . . maybe a bit dark) which will mean the light beige/cream visors, grab handles etc will look out of place (I think)
question is has anybody got any tips on how to re-colour them? Not fancying lining them in the same material, or can they be purchased in different colours?

thanks

Mixed results I think, I haven’t tried it.

That looks spot on. Great result! That’s the thing I suppose. . . You decide to do the headliner and it just escalates from there. I had factory cab liner and suede in the back of my old van. It always bugged me. Did you prime and key the plastic or does the paint adhere well without? I bet the visors are a bit of a pig to do without obvious overlaps or joins?

Same here really @Kips ,the back was Alcantara and the cab was standard. Gave all the plastics a rub down with a scotchbrite cloth and used 3 coats Buzzwelds plastic primer and then quite a few fine coats of the paint itself. All the trimming was done by Steve at Edge Automotive in Rugby

Looking very good! How is the buzzweld holding up? Thinking of attempting it myself as sick of the beige lower panels.

Also, can you post a photo of the other side of the visor? You have me intrigued with the retrim idea

Thanks!

Hello @xpfloyd ,so far so good with the Buzzweld. Really happy with it,i think someone on here said that it scraped off with the dogs collar so,to be fair,the dogs collars have been nowhere near mine and they won't be either! If you fancy giving it a go then use a few coats of Buzzwelds plastic primer first and the colour code of the PIO paint that i used on mine was 5553. As for the cab re-trim, i love it,totally transformed the whole look of the cab i think. HopeIMG_1706.jpgIMG_1707.jpg this helps

I am thinking of doing this to the cab headliner. Has anyone else done this to their headliner?

Thoughts anyone? Good or bad idea if you will.

look on simply spray web site they do fabric dye in spray form got a shuttle roof was thinking of doing if it goes wrong you can always recover

Going grey gracefully, no hair dye on this bonce.

Who in their right mind puts a cream headlining in a van though, I mean c’mon!

Hello @xpfloyd ,so far so good with the Buzzweld. Really happy with it,i think someone on here said that it scraped off with the dogs collar so,to be fair,the dogs collars have been nowhere near mine and they won't be either! If you fancy giving it a go then use a few coats of Buzzwelds plastic primer first and the colour code of the PIO paint that i used on mine was 5553. As for the cab re-trim, i love it,totally transformed the whole look of the cab i think. HopeView attachment 87334View attachment 87335 this helps
Did you spray the sliding shutter on the visors? Or is there a dark version out there?
Cheers

Hi @Skippygriff, when Steve at Edge Automotive trimmed the visors he painted the sliding shutters. He used some of the Buzzweld paint that i had used on the other various bits,hope this helps

Back