Front Park Pilot operation

Devaprem

Hello. I have a T6 California with Park Pilot and I am trying to remember if the front obstacle proximity warning ever used to come on automatically. It has had a rear towbar fitted by a VW dealer and this had to be reprogrammed to recognise a trailer being attached. Then I didn't use the vehicle for a number of months over the winter. Now I am not sure if there's a fault with the front Park Pilot not coming on automatically or whether there's a fault in the reprogramming. Speaking to another VW dealer who kindly spent about 30 mins free of charge investigating the programming couldn't identify if there was a fault. He said he would need 1-2 chargeable hours to check. I could go back to the original dealer but have a small Motor Ombusdman dispute open with them on another matter at the moment. I can put the front ParkPilot on manually by pressing the button on the dash panel or by putting the vehicle into reverse. I think it does come on automatically on the T6.1. Can any T6 owners confirm if that is the same thing with the T6?

It doesn’t come on automatically in T6. You have to either press the button or select reverse.

Back