Fuel gauge problem on virtual cockpit.

JCUK23

I’ve just had a Virtual cockpit fitted and really pleased with it on a whole, but I’ve notice that the fuel gauge isn’t working (only showing full) - and not sure if the range is accurate either as it went up 40 miles on my 50 mile drive home.

As the VC was only fitting today the place is now shut until Monday. So just wondering is this an easy fix as in something I can do to sort or is it something that’s been missed when the dash was being calibrated so I’d need to take it back?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi I had a similar problem, I had done about 150 miles still showing full. Went back and a setting was changed from a 4 to a 3 on vcds ( or vice versa ) relating to fuel gauge calibration and it sorted it. 10 minute fix apparently some T6.1's do it , some don't. . Ironically I'd had the virtual cockpit fitted but with the standard composition Media unit and it was fine, only had the problem when I upgraded to the discovery media. Works perfectly now

The fuel gauge is one of the things that needs recoding when you swap to the digital dash, I’m guessing it’s an error by your installer so give them a call and I’m sure they will sort it for you

As long as the van is running then all the immo programming is fine and it only requires VCDS to fix

Back