Fuse box direct connection

pgw7

Hi all

New 2017 T6 owner here so be kind…

…I have spent weeks now trying to get a clear understanding of exactly what parts are needed to connect directly into the back of the T6 fuse block for an ignition live feed.

For reference looking to install cmos-230 rear camera and a new 12v USB into the top dash blank. Both need an earth and ACC.

Want to avoid piggy backs as I’ve inherited one already and don’t want to compound or further congest.

I know it’s the central block and mini fuses (still not sure fuse rating for both but that’s another issue ).

So can someone please tell me if a pre terminated JPT red cable is available readily? Then I can plug in, crimp through to device and plug fuse direct in front.

If not I guess the crimps need a particular crimp tool/head?

I have seen various part numbers listed but concerned that most sellers are eBay and/or the assembly type cable is yellow(?).

The forum shop link doesn’t work, being new assume it’s no longer ‘open’?

Thanks in advance.
Paul

Yes forum shop is long gone im afraid
JPT refers to junior power timer and this is the name for the style of crimp required for the smaller size fuses, VW dont supply bare crimps anymore then only do repair wires which is a length of yellow cable with a crimp preterminated at each end

Heres a couple random links to the correct style of crimp

Smaller blade fuse

Larger full size blade fuse

for JPT's I tend to just get any old VAG fusebox from ebay, looking for ones with the longest "tails" that has been butchered out of the vehicle. Then I take it apart and have a massive variety of colours and thicknesses and sizes to choose from.

for JPT's I tend to just get any old VAG fusebox from ebay, looking for ones with the longest "tails" that has been butchered out of the vehicle. Then I take it apart and have a massive variety of colours and thicknesses and sizes to choose from.
Was starting to think this might be the best approach.

Yes forum shop is long gone im afraid
JPT refers to junior power timer and this is the name for the style of crimp required for the smaller size fuses, VW dont supply bare crimps anymore then only do repair wires which is a length of yellow cable with a crimp preterminated at each end

Heres a couple random links to the correct style of crimp

Smaller blade fuse

Larger full size blade fuse
Thanks @Pauly might have to source a repair cable and heat shrink it red…

Back