General Grabber AT3's vs the BFG KO range

archersam

VIP Member
T6 Guru
LWB black shuttle that I have been running on B14's for a while now, however I am doing a road trip to Italy to a house we are buying and will be pretty loaded up and the roads are well not so great on the final stretches and in fairness in general when up in the hills and mountains where we will be a lot.

I am going back to the OEM suspension set up for the trip and been considering a wheel swap out and wondered if anyone had a black LWB with some inspiration of wheels and off road style tyres (possibly also M&S) without going crazy on budget etc and really probably happy to stay at 17". Not sure how black on black is going to look. I have scrolled through a few threads.

Prefer simple ones that are not a PITA to clean as cleaning isn't something I have found out that I dont really enjoy doing.........

Current set up with black inserts on the Devonports.

Ps hadnt considered the increase in height.
IMG_6876.jpeg

LWB black shuttle that I have been running on B14's for a while now, however I am doing a road trip to Italy to a house we are buying and will be pretty loaded up and the roads are well not so great on the final stretches and in fairness in general when up in the hills and mountains where we will be a lot.

I am going back to the OEM suspension set up for the trip and been considering a wheel swap out and wondered if anyone had a black LWB with some inspiration of wheels and off road style tyres (possibly also M&S) without going crazy on budget etc and really probably happy to stay at 17". Not sure how black on black is going to look. I have scrolled through a few threads.

Prefer simple ones that are not a PITA to clean as cleaning isn't something I have found out that I dont really enjoy doing.........

Current set up with black inserts on the Devonports.

Ps hadnt considered the increase in height.
View attachment 244636
I haven't done it yet (other bits are taking priority) but when I do get around to sorting my vans suspension, wheels etc I'll be going for OZ Rally Raid in bronze...

Photoshop picture:
1000006243.jpg
1000008127.jpg

If it's a one off maybe some second hand Devonports with the Agilis CC2 on?

They'd also be then handy as "don't care so much about" set for winter use.

Yeah the cheap option would be a set of devonports with Agilis cross climate tyres on it. There's always a set in the for sale section!

If it's a one off maybe some second hand Devonports with the Agilis CC2 on?

They'd also be then handy as "don't care so much about" set for winter use.
I am thinking of maybe doing it permanently, however I suspect the final hieght of the van will make that decision for me once she has been set back to standard. I actually have 2 sets of Devonports already - a winter set albeit the rears worn down way quicker than planned so will need replacing as well as a brand new summer set.

Will see if can edit the title. Lookig for any feedback on General Grabber AT3's vs the BFG Ko range. To go ony Devonports. Any photos be awesome irrespective of van or wheel rim colour

Not quite denim on denim.... at standard height...
Very pleased with the (17'') GG's...difficult to comment on road noise as the whole cab has been soundproofed and bulkhead insitu.
Was this what you were after?

IMG_3447.jpeg

Not quite denim on denim.... at standard height...
Very pleased with the (17'') GG's...difficult to comment on road noise as the whole cab has been soundproofed and bulkhead insitu.
Was this what you were after?

View attachment 245767
ah thanks, yes it is going back to standard height for my italy trip and may well just leave it like that. What are the tyre sizes you are running?

Sorry to keep bringing this to the top however I am searching.

I am thinking of the GG AT3 as a more suitable long journey tyre and a bit of rough roads.

so I found these 245/65/17 however most of the people I have seen on these pages and other pages I am on are installing 235/65. Whilst I appreciate the width difference in sizing not so sure if a 245 is going to be an issue or not or just go on safe side with 235 knowing so many before have done it.

ps not worred about speedo reading as I never use it anyway (always using a standalone Sat nav on topof dash for speed)

What about some simple black GP's ?
Nice cheap option , easily available ...
View attachment 245967
I do like the GP’s as had a set on my 5.1 for winter one year and then never took them off.

However I’ve a spare set of Devonports.

If I find a set of wheels / tyre combo I’ll probably just get them rether than FaF around swapping tyres etc.

IMG_9684.jpeg

Will see if can edit the title.
Looking for any feedback on General Grabber AT3's vs the BFG Ko range.
To go on Devonports.
Any photos be awesome irrespective of van or wheel rim colour
Retitled as per this post. If the Edit button has disappeared (it times out) then just hit Report.

Sorry to keep bringing this to the top however I am searching.

I am thinking of the GG AT3 as a more suitable long journey tyre and a bit of rough roads.

so I found these 245/65/17 however most of the people I have seen on these pages and other pages I am on are installing 235/65. Whilst I appreciate the width difference in sizing not so sure if a 245 is going to be an issue or not or just go on safe side with 235 knowing so many before have done it.

ps not worred about speedo reading as I never use it anyway (always using a standalone Sat nav on topof dash for speed)

Honestly if I was wanting a more all round, less aggressive tyre than the KO2, it'd be the falken wildpeak at3wa, hands down.

As for tyre size, 235/65R17 is 6% bigger than std 235/55R17, and 245/65R17 is 8% bigger.

You'd fit both on std height suspension, and 235 on lowered down to 50mm or so.

Second the above been on Falken Wildpeak for nearly 20 months been superb tyres so far. 235/65/17 lowered on coilovers .

Oooo dilemma dilemma as the Falkens come in at nice price per unit albeit the Gg Are not too bad either.

It's a shame the Falkens aren't a bit more aggressive looking, as they're £350 cheaper than a set of KO2's at elite wheels o_O

£1650 Vs £2000 on the OZ rally raid in 245/65 size.

Thanks for the input guys, I pulled the trigger on the Falkens which will go on my spare Davenoports then I will work out if I want to change the colour of them. ha ha. I have vinyl inserts so can at least take the edge off of the silver to begin with.

Back