Genuine vw front spoiler t6.1

DanW81

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Morning folks, I am looking to get the genuine vw front spoiler for my t6.1.
I have tried the search button, but not come across anyone who as bought and fitted one.
I don't suppose there is a slim chance someone has but not mentioned it on here.

Thanks Dan

Pic of said part

Screenshot_20240818_075601_eBay.jpg

I fitted a Vanworx Thruxton a few weeks ago. I believe they produce the splitter but VW also sell it under their own branding. I stand corrected tho…

Edit - here ya go Thruxton

Last edited:
I fitted a Vanworx Thruxton a few weeks ago. I believe they produce the splitter but VW also sell it under their own branding. I stand corrected tho…

Edit - here ya go Thruxton
Thank you Millstone for this info.
Looks really good, especially as my van is also ravenna blue too.

Can I ask you how did you find the fitment of this spoiler?
Vw sell it with the correct fixings and brackets.
How much did you pay for it?
From vw it's £950 painted.

Any chance you have a pic of it on your van please buddy.

No worries, I bought mine from THQ for £600 (fixings included) and a local body shop painted it for £200.

Fitting is straight forward but you will need an extra pair of hands to help support it during installation. Also make sure the foam strips and adhesive are the very top edge of the splitter. The adhesive will squeeze out where it meets the bumper so be ready with white spirits and cloths. Also the instructions recommend an 8mm drill bit for making the 4 scrivet holes in the bumper. This seemed way too big so I used a 6. When I fixed the brackets to the splitter (step 1) I also frog taped them in place to make it easier to line up later down the line.

Photos and also the fitting PDF, which you may have already found

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Splitter Taped.jpg

Attachments

• THRUXTONFITTING.pdf
    699.4 KB · Views: 2
Thank you buddy, yes just found the fitting instructions.
Just ordered some tiger seal for my tailgate spoiler, so will use this for fitment.
Good tip regarding the plastic rivet fixings holes
Thq is no longer available.
Will be going via vw.
Regarding the lower part of the spoiler, is this gloss black or un painted and then painted to your choice?

Yeah It's all unpainted so you can have 1 colour like I did, or 2 like that Vanworx link above.

Think it looks cool in 2 colours... but that's not applicable on a black van!

No worries, I bought mine from THQ for £600 (fixings included) and a local body shop painted it for £200.

Fitting is straight forward but you will need an extra pair of hands to help support it during installation. Also make sure the foam strips and adhesive are the very top edge of the splitter. The adhesive will squeeze out where it meets the bumper so be ready with white spirits and cloths. Also the instructions recommend an 8mm drill bit for making the 4 scrivet holes in the bumper. This seemed way too big so I used a 6. When I fixed the brackets to the splitter (step 1) I also frog taped them in place to make it easier to line up later down the line.

Photos and also the fitting PDF, which you may have already found

View attachment 255745

View attachment 255746

View attachment 255768
The spoiler looks perfect. Exactly the look I am after for my van.
Fitment looks good too.
I am always dubious of ordering parts that are not oem.
I took a gamble on vanstyles red grill strip. Thankfully it was a very good fit, and for £25 was worth a punt.
I am going fully colour coded ravenna blue. TBH, I'm not a fan of gloss black acents.
Liking that style of alloy wheels too
Thanks for the pics buddy, appreciated

Back