Good deal for a new T6.1 ?

Does this seem like a good deal ? I know car / van prices are all over the place at the moment and the delivery times on new vans are ridiculous.

T28 150bhp DSG Highline
Ravenna blue
Led headlights / taillights
powered tailgate
heated seats
Glazed tailgate
front and passenger captains chairs

delivery mileage , pre reg.

garage is asking 39k inc Vat

thanks in advance

Run the same spec through autoebid for comparison.. seems a bit high.. i got 4M DSG with diff lock and lots of extras for about that price.

l've just had a quote for a T28 150ps manual Highline
Twin sliding doors
Glazed tailgate with HRW/RWW
Heated seats
Load area rubber covering
Heated washer jets
Full bulkhead with window

£34,000 including VAT

That’s a good price. Is it available now , if not what is the waiting time ?
I checked vws approved used website , autotrader and ebay and there is nothing similar in spec and price to the one i mentioned above. Even vans with lower spec and 10k miles are more expensive.

Bognor Motors
"Oli" on this forum

TBH Autoebid came close at £34,500

No it's not a stock vehicle
lt's a factory order so estimated March 2022

Some silly prices on VW Approved Used, similar to current prices for the Suzuki Jimny which is being sold at £5-6,000 over list (and people are paying it)

You'll pay a premium for a stock vehicle at the moment, because of the nine month waiting list on factory orders. l was looking at a 2020 Kombi at £36,000 which seemed great until l realised it was +VAT!

Last edited:
As above.

Bognor Motors were the best price. Just need to sort out how l am going to pay for it now, and l can get my order in.

Reading this I’m thinking buying second hand isn’t a good move?
I’ve seen so Many now my head hurts

Reading this I’m thinking buying second hand isn’t a good move?
I’ve seen so Many now my head hurts
Mine too ! I don’t want to have to wait 9 months for a new vehicle but then I don’t like the thought of paying too much a for a used vehicle (although the one I’m looking at is delivery miles pre reg so basically new. )

one good thing is that I’m getting 2k more for my trade in than I paid for it last year.

That is true with px as they have gone up as well,
I really don’t know what to do.
I’ve used my budget upped it again and now I’m looking at blowing the budget.

I would only buy a used T6 right now if I was desperate for a van.

Pete

Not desperate
But I’ve been saying I’m having one for years,
So now I’m being impulsive probably

Not desperate
But I’ve been saying I’m having one for years,
So now I’m being impulsive probably

If you’ve already waited years, I would be tempted to hang on another year or so. Especially so if you’re after a camper, there’s going to be a huge glut of those on the market as soon as foreign holidays become feasible again.

I think you could well be right,
Swb kombi dsg is the only thing I’m after.
I’m now looking at nearly new that don’t seem expensive

Sell you mine £30k
No, you can have mine.......hmmmmmmmm.......25k........121 thousand on the clock though. Only kidding on the price, or am I? I bet I could get not far of that right now, prices are nuts. I just hope they are still nuts when I finally sell mine.

Back