Got an Ablemail AMT12-2? - How did you wire it?

Starter battery positive connects to the starter battery - normally on the input side of your DC-DC charger - somewhere between the starter battery positive and the DC-DC input terminal

Leisure battery positive connects to battery, or busbar or wherever your positive connections are - alternatively you can connect to the load output of an MPPT controller

Negative goes to the negative connection on the leisure battery, or as above, to the load output on the MPPT.

There's really not much more to it...

3 cables (2-4mm2 is fine) with the supplied spade connectors on one end and the other end directly into the DC-DC alongside the existing cables. Takes about 2 mins to do!

I put a simple on/off switch in the cable from the Starter Battery terminal to the DC-DC Starter Battery input to allow me to turn off the AMT if required (like the one in the bottom right corner of the pic).

Best pic I have I’m afraid:

IMG_0294.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 10.06.59.png

Hi @Dellmassive, I've had a look at the thread linked, regarding this photo, the block labelled 1 with the arrow, is that OEM fitment or something you have added?

Thanks @ginkster so are you saying that you fed the cables from the Ablemail into the Orion DC-DC charger with the feed to the vehicle battery? (Ignoring the switch)
ie:
Ablemail Vehicle + into the Orion In +
Ablemail OV - into the Orion GND -

Just the bare wires, no ferrules etc?

@Skyliner33

Thats a midi fuse block that I added myself, from the starter battery feed that comes up under the passenger seat base.

Exactly. 3 cables direct from AMT to the appropriate connection on the Orion. Bare ends alongside the main cables. Give a gentle tug check to ensure they are tight. Make sure there are no loose strands that can short.

You will need to follow the instructions to change the setting depending on your mix of batteries and for a smart alternator.

Back