H7 headlights on eBay / Facebook Marketplace / etc

Irvine101

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just to let you know that there are a few sets of what appear to be new and original Valeo H7 headlights on ebay at a good price of £143 each side inc free postage.

I have just bought a set.

I searched on Valeo 046714 (left) and 046715 (right)

Yes, that is the seller. They seem to have thousands of positive sales feedback on ebay so I wasn't worried by the lack of photo on the advert.

The part number matches the correct Valeo part number so I assume all will be fine

If you could feedback when you get them fitted mate that would be great.
Pics as well before and after if possible.
I'm debating whether to go for a bulb or a headlight change.

Cheers

Wow they’ve really shot up in price! Guess demand is escalating now that winter has shown up how crap the H4s are, wish I’d got some when I was first kicking around the idea in the summer and they were going for £150 a pair.

Having looked on this forum and on ebay over the last couple of weeks second hand good condition H7s seemed to be selling for between £250 and £300 plus delivery.

Therefore new ones for £286 inc delivery seems a good price.

Maybe second hand ones are cheaper in the summer if you are prepared to wait that long.

I had them fitted last weekend. Fitted Philips 130% h7 bilbs as well.
Coding went fine and they look a lot brighter. However i have only used the van around town so far so not on unlit country roads where the real test will come.

Hmm, I do really want a set of these but I've also been watching eBay for cheaper sets as I keep spending money on the van. Not much around at the moment though.

I had them fitted last weekend. Fitted Philips 130% h7 bilbs as well.
Coding went fine and they look a lot brighter. However i have only used the van around town so far so not on unlit country roads where the real test will come.

Hi guys, this is my debut post. I've been sitting in the background for a while but time for a few questions here and there. Congratulations on a great Forum - it's always a pleasure reading the trials you guys keep being faced with with these newer vans.

I bought a 2018 T6 High line PV in November which I will be converting to a 'weekender' over the coming year. As such I am interested in a variety of mods. Having had a car with LED headlights, the 2 candles up front on the T6 are a bit lame. I'll come to the point - Can you just explain, are these H7 units just plug and play or do they have to be 'matched' electronically by a tech with a laptop? Is this what is meant by 'coding?

Massive learning curve at this end. I'm quite handy at all things DIY but electronics are not by field by a long way and have already dropped a few changers. I realise now that tapping into the wiring on these is not same as my old mk2 GTi lol.

They are a straight swap out of the box and everything will function and no errors will show on the dash of you are fitting genuine VW H7 headlights and according to the people selling them shouldn’t show any errors if you are using aftermarket H7 headlights

Then there’s the optional coding part, your original headlights by default will turn off low beam when high beam is selected (this is because your original H4 headlights have both high and low beam headlight within one lamp and would overheat if both lit at the same time) with the H7 headlights you have two separate lamps within two separate reflectors in the headlight and if factory fitted by default the low beam will stay on when high beam is selected, this can be changed by a basic bit of coding with VCDS but is optional and not required to make the swap to H7 headlights

Thank you Pauly, that's perfectly clear now. I've got more questions but I'll go through the appropriate threads. :thumbsup:

Didn’t someone on the other thread just offer their H7 units for £80?

Back