Halo 11 + USB-C

jjkilpatrick

Hi all,

I'm in the process of sound-deadening the doors of my t6.1. I was thinking whilst I'm at it that I can drop some Alpine SPC-106T6 speakers in. The next point on that would be to upgrade the head unit before investing in the sub (I believe there are two options, one that works with the standard vw headunit and one that works with an alpine headunit, so I obviously want to make an informed choice) and the only thing holding me back is not retaining the usb-c ports if moving to a Halo 11. Does anyone know if Alpine have plans to release a retention kit for usb-c and if so when? I want it mostly for the charging aspect but I assume I could just charge off the new headunit?

I'm also open to not having Alpine but I'm keen on the plug and play / ease of installation aspect.

Thanks

Alpine has the best vehicle integration and sits the best in the dash.

I suggest checking out the Gladen Appearance speakers, much smoother than the alpines and work better with a decent amp and sub, not a fan of their combination as lacks in overall sound quality, volume and depth

We can supply the Halo along with all the parts inc usb c retention, one is used for CarPlay/android and the other for charging and usb stick, and they still light up.

Hi all,

I'm in the process of sound-deadening the doors of my t6.1. I was thinking whilst I'm at it that I can drop some Alpine SPC-106T6 speakers in. The next point on that would be to upgrade the head unit before investing in the sub (I believe there are two options, one that works with the standard vw headunit and one that works with an alpine headunit, so I obviously want to make an informed choice) and the only thing holding me back is not retaining the usb-c ports if moving to a Halo 11. Does anyone know if Alpine have plans to release a retention kit for usb-c and if so when? I want it mostly for the charging aspect but I assume I could just charge off the new headunit?

I'm also open to not having Alpine but I'm keen on the plug and play / ease of installation aspect.

Thanks
Have a look at this guys facebook bud, I used him to keep my 2 usb-c for the Halo 11

Back