Head hight and comfort concerns for 6'2 person in the vw transporters.

Is there enough hight for a 6'2 person in a VW

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but will be tight for two.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Mrs Pips

Hi

We are looking to get a VW to use a day van / weekend camper with two teenage kids. The consideration we have is both hubby and son are 6'2 and son is only getting bigger.
We are looking at a 6 seater and having a pop top added to provide extra space and sleeping options. We are also looking at having a full width rib bed installed and swivel passenger bench. I have concerns that the son will not have the head space to sit comfortably in the back or hubby on the swivel bench seat. Hubby likes to doze off when I'm driving (think he feels safer) so again needs a comfy seat.

So I guess my question is will the rib bed work for us or do we need to stick with factory seats. If so will the growing son fit in a 3rd row bench as would be looking to install that instead to remove the middle row and create our camping option. And wil hubby be comfy on the passenger swivel bench.

Or is anyone local to Peterborough that has a rib bed fitted / swivel seat that would be willing for us to see it in situ to test the hight issues.

Thanks

Head room is one thing you do not have to worry about in a T6! As 6ft 3in myself, I can have the driver's seat cranked up to the highest setting and have yards of head room.

Can’t speak for the Rib bench / bed but the driver’s seat and passenger seat are fine for me - I’m 6’4” - ‘A long-un’ as they say up here in North Yorkshire.

As above, 6'2 here and no issues. I'd suggest visiting a few dealers or pop over to busfest in a few weeks where you can see and try all sorts of vans.

Im 6'2" and we have a 1200 rib on a glide motion rail system and it works really well for us.

Based in Lincs here. You are welcome to pop up to the skeggy area and see ours.
Also the show will be on in September at Lincs show ground and i know our conversion company will be there showing their vans

Denz

Back