Headlight removal

t6stu

T6 Pro
I've got an HID kit to fit and it's so much easier with the headlights out, the transit custom was just 2 screws but how difficult is it to remove the T6 headlights?

I've got an HID kit to fit and it's so much easier with the headlights out, the transit custom was just 2 screws but how difficult is it to remove the T6 headlights?
I think it's less tricky than T5 by the looks but haven't done it so not sure.......anyone?

i want to remove mine to get to the DRL's
had a quick look , maybe removing front grill and bumper ??
i gave up :(

All done. Removed airbox lid which made it easy on the drivers side. Removed battery clamp on other side so I could slide the battery over a bit which gave me just enough room

image.jpeg

hid kit in standard halogen reflectors bowls......:thumbsdown:.

Just me but I'm always blinded by them no matter how much adjusting.

If they are a cheap system then yes but the hids4u stuff is very sharp and I've never been flashed by any oncoming vehicles when fitted to previous vans

Shouldn't matter, it's the reflector that decides where the light goes. Hids are simply too bright to be controlled by a reflector designed for halogen light. I never flash anyone usually because I'm busy being blinded.

It's not against the law so do it especially since the base spec halogen lights are very poor but it's just one of my pet hates.
Hid light should only be used in the projector or reflector designed for that light.

@RattyMcClelland is right, manufacturers only fit HIDs in projector headlights not reflectors theres a big difference.
Its the same with Xenon and LEDs manufacturers have to install self levelling systems to use these types of lamps but as above there is nothing to stop you retro fitting them

Wouldnt think they would constitute anything illegal but not sure on that, perhaps @Thogg has an opinion on this ?

@RattyMcClelland is right, manufacturers only fit HIDs in projector headlights not reflectors theres a big difference.
Its the same with Xenon and LEDs manufacturers have to install self levelling systems to use these types of lamps but as above there is nothing to stop you retro fitting them

Almost.
You can get hid reflectors. The Fn2 shape civic uses hid in reflectors on the higher spec models and so do some older Volvo s40s. The reflector bowl is designed so for with the intense light better.

Also older cars with oem hids don't have self levelling or washer systems. An example use the 98 spec Honda integera type r and the older Lexus gs.
All new cars have to come with it now and if it's fitted with self levelling and washers and those systems don't work it's an mot fail. However it's not an mot fail if the systems are not present.

I have retrofitted an infinite fx-r projector into my Honda preludes headlights for xenon usage. Some sweet light output.

I also fitted my H7 kit from the transit onto the family Volvo today which has reflectors :p

Back