Help needed: bulkhead + other installs on T6 (imported)

Hohead

Hi all,

I have a 2019 T6 Kombi that I imported when we moved over from South Africa earlier this year - I don’t think they make the same model here, but it’s effectively a transporter/Kombi with 8 seats (2 up front, single and double in second row, and 3 seater in the back.) I am wanting to use the vehicle for work (plumbing/carpentry) most of the year, but then be able to reinstall the back 6 seats a few times a year for family holidays (we are a 7 person family so we need the seats!).

Two broad questions:
1) is it possible to fit a bulkhead behind the front two seats? I have read all I can find on the forum and it seems that Motexion are the way to go if this van didn’t have a bulkhead fitted standard. Is that correct? (Are the versions that fit behind the drivers seat and the one that goes behind the second row of seats the same?) Also, I have sliding doors on both sides - does this need a special part or will any work (with a bit of trimming?) I can find so many videos about removing bulkheads, but nothing detailed on how to install one. Is it fairly straightforward and would I damage my van (considering I will be taking it in and out probably twice a year)? Anything else I should be considering here?

2) Second broad question…does anyone have any bright ideas on protecting the back of the van while I use it for tools/material etc? I had a sort of rubber/plastic floor currently and grey plastic sides - windows all round (that I will have some vinyl put on so no one can look inside to see tools etc). Again, I need to remove this a few times a year when we use the van for family.

I know this is not an ideal scenario, just trying to cut our cloth to what we have as we start a new business. Ideally the van comes back into the family, and I get a second full time work van.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Motexion are the aftermarket bulkheads that Vw themselves supply. Twin slider is different to single slider and also different to the Kombi version ( Behind second row of seats). I have no idea on the specific designs as to how different they are.
Cannot really help you on the flooring side of things but good luck in getting it sorted and with you new business venture.

Motexion are the aftermarket bulkheads that Vw themselves supply. Twin slider is different to single slider and also different to the Kombi version ( Behind second row of seats). I have no idea on the specific designs as to how different they are.
Cannot really help you on the flooring side of things but good luck in getting it sorted and with you new business venture.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply

Back