Help!!! Wheel Rubbing

Danny0646

In desperate need of help.

Bought a van off a friend low mileage but lowered and due to towing needed to have it raised (currently on stance coilovers).

Upon raising it the right has been horrendous and the higher it raised the more the rub seems to get worse. When it was low it ran very smooth (moral of the story don’t touch)

Upon inspection it seems to be catching both the front of the arch and the outer lip of the alloy (I blamed the wife for damaging these)

Tyres are 245/35/20 on 8.5 inch et35 wheels

Any advice would be great.
I haven’t pulled the wheel yet to see if there is any spacers but I’m at the end of my tether!!!

IMG_2076.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do your rear rims have spacers on them as these may be causing your wheels to rub on the arches?

Sending images of your wheels from the rear of the van will help anyone diagnose the issue.

If you have spacers on the front yes it’s a possibility. Do the wheel rub on the outside if tyres, normally you can see marks on the tyre sidewall if this is the case.

So I drew some chalk on the inside and had a drive to see where it was rubbing and think it might have been rubbing on the outside as well as the inside front arch

Strange as you say it wasn’t rubbing when lowered. Usually lowered vans rub as standard but not on standard suspension setup.

You may be best taking some images of the rubbing and post on here using the attach files option.

Are you sure they are 243/35 tyres because they look bigger in the pictures? With that wheel/tyre combination you should never get any rubbing.

These are 245/35 on a 8.5" rim and have a bit of stretch
1726225666065.png

Back