Help with getting new wheels to fit t6.1

Grapejuice18

I have recently brought some new wheels for my 6.1 wanting to upgrade from the standard 16” alloys it currently has. From what I am aware the stud pattern is 5x120 so I have some 5x120 19” to go in there place. My problem is there very chunky compared to what’s in it currently. Do I need some sort of wheel spacer and if so what size would I need as you can see from the picture the holes don’t seem to line up at the minute and there is certainly no clearance there. See pictures attached. Any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_3902.jpeg

IMG_3891.jpeg

It might help people answer if you said what the wheels are, plus wheel width and et.

Stunned silence from the forum…

Who sold you the wheels, they don’t look fit for purpose.

I have recently brought some new wheels for my 6.1 wanting to upgrade from the standard 16” alloys it currently has. From what I am aware the stud pattern is 5x120 so I have some 5x120 19” to go in there place. My problem is there very chunky compared to what’s in it currently. Do I need some sort of wheel spacer and if so what size would I need as you can see from the picture the holes don’t seem to line up at the minute and there is certainly no clearance there. See pictures attached. Any help would be much appreciated.

View attachment 255112

View attachment 255113
It’s possible that the wheel centre bore is larger than the hub flange. If that’s the case you need spigot rings to take up the gap.

It looks as though the wheels are dropping slightly too low because of the loose centre bore fit. All the holes are misaligned in the same direction so that would seem the likely cause.

The hub flange is 65.1mm so you need spigot rings that are 65.1mm ID with the OD to match the centre bore of your wheels.

It’s possible that the wheel centre bore is larger than the hub flange. If that’s the case you need spigot rings to take up the gap.

It looks as though the wheels are dropping slightly too low because of the loose centre bore fit. All the holes are misaligned in the same direction so that would seem the likely cause.

The hub flange is 65.1mm so you need spigot rings that are 65.1mm ID with the OD to match the centre bore of your wheels.
Sorry I also forgot to mention that I already have used spigots whilst trying. The one with the picture showing the misalignment has a spigot 72.6mm to 65.1mm the back but on the other picture it is removed. It still doesn’t seem to line up with the correct spigot which is why I asked if spacers would align them better?

1. What is the load rating of the wheels?
2. What is the load rating of the tyres?

I suspect with a tyre size of 225/35/19 they have been previously fitted to a car, in which case they are unlikely to be up to the job of supporting the weight of your van.

maybe the previous owner enlarged the centre hole and not evenly? In one of the photos it looks like it may have been done

Sorry I also forgot to mention that I already have used spigots whilst trying. The one with the picture showing the misalignment has a spigot 72.6mm to 65.1mm the back but on the other picture it is removed. It still doesn’t seem to line up with the correct spigot which is why I asked if spacers would align them better?
This has to be an issue with the spigot rings. You could confirm this I guess by trying to fit the bolts while holding the wheel up, if the bolts all go in then this is your issue. If they don’t then they aren’t 5x120. Have you tried measuring the wheel to confirm?

Also you will almost certainly need different wheel bolts (tapered) than were used on the standard alloys. This shouldn’t be linked to your issue but I thought worth highlighting.

This has to be an issue with the spigot rings. You could confirm this I guess by trying to fit the bolts while holding the wheel up, if the bolts all go in then this is your issue. If they don’t then they aren’t 5x120. Have you tried measuring the wheel to confirm?

Also you will almost certainly need different wheel bolts (tapered) than were used on the standard alloys. This shouldn’t be linked to your issue but I thought worth highlighting.
Good point about the bolts.
However the OP says he has used spigot rings to give 65.1, so either his spigot rings are not that size (maybe needs to measure) or as you say the wheels are not 5x120, however in the photo in post 2 the wheel appears to be stamped 5x120.

Good point about the bolts.
However the OP says he has used spigot rings to give 65.1, so either his spigot rings are not that size (maybe needs to measure) or as you say the wheels are not 5x120, however in the photo in post 2 the wheel appears to be stamped 5x120.
I’m unsure on the make of the wheels as they were from marketplace. I will try again with no spiggot rings but I believe I need the tapered bolts as mine wouldn’t even attempt to go through the holes. The spigot rings were from Amazon and I can confirm there 72.6mm to 65.1mm so can’t see it being them.

I’m unsure on the make of the wheels as they were from marketplace. I will try again with no spiggot rings but I believe I need the tapered bolts as mine wouldn’t even attempt to go through the holes. The spigot rings were from Amazon and I can confirm there 72.6mm to 65.1mm so can’t see it being them.
Out of interest, whats the weight raying of these wheels?

Something seems a bit dodgy.

Back