Helping short people get into the van (with dignity) :-)

Dalesrunner

VIP Member
I am 5ft 3 and past my prime. It takes me ages to heave myself into the front seats. Is there a handy grab rail that can be installed on passenger and driver side or am I going to have to get myself a little stool? :D

Try leaving the seat belt buckled when you get out and use that to pull on.

20230924_125418.jpgI fitted side steps as the wife found it hard to get in and out. She's 5ft6.

Reactions: CAB
I am 5ft 3 and past my prime. It takes me ages to heave myself into the front seats. Is there a handy grab rail that can be installed on passenger and driver side or am I going to have to get myself a little stool? :D
Do you have the ones on the A pillar?

Glad it's not just me! Where did you get yours from?
Vanstyle I think it was. Do chrome or black. Got them in about a week but you do need to cut out the under tray it make them fit. Seem sturdy enough, holds my weight and I'm 19 stone.

I was thinking about something like that to be honest, but then couldn't work out how I'd fish it up from the ground, once I'm in the van :)
Drill a hole in it and attach a length of sash cord to it. Just remember to hold the other end as you are climbing in. Also useful for lowering it down rather than dropping it and hoping for the best.

Back