High pitched noise

Richj85

Evening all,

I have a 2016 T6 that whenever I open the van there is a high pitched noise in the cab, before I even start the engine. It sounds like a warning or alarm but nothing shows on the dash and when I start the van it goes off when I pull away so luckily I don’t have to drive with it in the background.

It used to do it periodically and I assumed it was a cold weather warning as it started when we had cold weather but it’s still doing it now.

I have tried searching the forum, google and YouTube for anything that sounds similar but doesn’t appear anyone else has had this issue. If anyone has any thoughts on what it could be I would greatly appreciate it

Could you post the sound to Youtube and link here?
Possibly a tracker?
Or a DC charger for a leisure battery if fitted?
Can you pinpoint the sound? From the engine bay? Under seats? Driver or passenger side?

Evening all,

I have a 2016 T6 that whenever I open the van there is a high pitched noise in the cab, before I even start the engine. It sounds like a warning or alarm but nothing shows on the dash and when I start the van it goes off when I pull away so luckily I don’t have to drive with it in the background.

It used to do it periodically and I assumed it was a cold weather warning as it started when we had cold weather but it’s still doing it now.

I have tried searching the forum, google and YouTube for anything that sounds similar but doesn’t appear anyone else has had this issue. If anyone has any thoughts on what it could be I would greatly appreciate it
Could be the van “ waking up”. When you open the driver’s door, various things happen in the background. The fuel pump spins up. It could be something related to this.

Try getting in from the sliding door and see if it still makes the noise

As above, definitely worth recording it, stick that on YouTube and post it here.

Pete

Hi I seem to have the same issue. Noise is very loud and starts as soon as I turn the ignition on. Starting the engine does not cause the noise to stop. I have not actually driven vehicle very far (just been delivered) so don’t know if the noise will eventually stop.
Did you ever figure out what was causing it/how to get rid of it? It’s really annoying!

Ultrasound motion sensor and you have bat ears... we had this in a corridor where some peeps could hear the sensors and most couldn't... ok, I couldn't :unsure:

I did figure it out in the end and it was the leisure battery was knackered, replaced that and it cured it. Think yours sounds a bit different to mine though as noise doesn’t stop on start up. Hope you can get it sorted as I remember how annoying it was

I have a cig lighter charger plug that makes this noise. I use it on the odd occasion and only when the engine is running. My ADHD means I generally can hear any and every plug or electric transformer noise Ac or Dc.

Hi thanks for the responses everyone. It’s a new vehicle (adapted with hand controls) so I’m a bit concerned. I’ll try and upload a video.

Back