How Much Should I Pay?

JaLa

Hi, advice please? the company I work for bought and customised a brand new VW Kombi Highline 150 LWB for an event vehicle (£28k). They never use it - and has been offered to me to purchase. What does everyone think it is worth? What should I be paying for it?
Spec:
reg 01/17, full VW history, 4500 miles.
HiLo Roof, full leather front seats (2+1, swivel), fully carpeted interior with LED roof lights, lowered suspension, 20” black alloys, tinted windows, front & rear spoilers, black side bars, removable tow bar & electrics, 240v hook up.
Garaged, immaculate. (Total for extras £11k+vat).
What does everyone think I should be paying? Ta (photo pre delivery, before side bars were fitted)

5FDB452B-2193-4889-8CAA-34AD06469CEA.jpeg

Hi, advice please? the company I work for bought and customised a brand new VW Kombi Highline 150 LWB for an event vehicle (£28k). They never use it - and has been offered to me to purchase. What does everyone think it is worth? What should I be paying for it?
Spec:
reg 01/17, full VW history, 4500 miles.
HiLo Roof, full leather front seats (2+1, swivel), fully carpeted interior with LED roof lights, lowered suspension, 20” black alloys, tinted windows, front & rear spoilers, black side bars, removable tow bar & electrics, 240v hook up.
Garaged, immaculate. (Total for extras £11k+vat).
What does everyone think I should be paying? Ta (photo pre delivery, before side bars were fitted)

View attachment 62726

I suspect the owners will of whacked the reg in somewhere like We Buy Any Car to get a rough price in mind. I'd do the same and then stick £500 on top as an incentive and start from there. Bare in mind that an on line price won't take the extras into consideration.
it looks like a nice T6 and that kind of mileage for a 3 year old van is pretty hard to find. DSG will bump up the price, but the lack of LED headlights will reduce it, so it's a case of seeing what the trade value is, and offering a little bit over that.
You could end up with quite a bargain if you are lucky. I'm surprised the Trade aren't all over that van.

Quick look at auto trader £40000 plus and that’s without a lot of extras ...seems good but theirs a lot of late t6’s due to model change :unsure:

Id say it should be mid twenties plus vat MAXIMUM.

Bear in mind that I paid £26 plus vat for a 6 month old Kombi 150 DSG with just over 2000 miles on the clock with twin electric sliders, comfort pack and DSG and still had 2.5 years of VW warranty to run.

How much do the wheels, leather seats, carpeting and roof add on?.

I would agree, low to mid twenties plus vat tops

The extras don’t add huge value, at best half the original 11k cost

The mileage may be low but it’s still three years old and out of warranty so van is now sub 20k easy then plus the extras, think I would offer around 20-22+vat and see what they say

Don't forget it will need the cambelt changing within a year aswell. (might be at 5000 miles by then).

Back