How to leave water pump submersed during driving

Pembrae

Hi,

Can anyone offer advice on a replacement water tank cap that allows me to keep the water pump submersed when driving? I have recently bought a T6 and have had one trip away in it so far. Having to remove the submersible water pump and replace the tank cap each time you want to drive off seems a bit of a faff. I have seen the following cap on the internet and was wondering of this allows you to keep the water pump installed in the tank without it leaking while driving? If so, are there any other reasons why you should remove the submersible pump while driving?

Thanks.

Fresh water tank cap DIN 96

Reactions: CAB
That's the sort of cap I have on my 16l water container and I have it filled to the brim when going away and haven't had any leaks. It's got a seal and a one way valve which lets air in (so it can equalise when the water is drained out) so perfectly fine to keep on whilst driving.

That's the sort of cap I have on my 16l water container and I have it filled to the brim when going away and haven't had any leaks. It's got a seal and a one way valve which lets air in (so it can equalise when the water is drained out) so perfectly fine to keep on whilst driving.
That's great, thanks for the advice. I will buy one and give it a go.

Back