How to Remove Sliding Door Rail Cover Panel?

California 3012

Hi, help please :D

I'm trying to remove the exterior cover panel that goes over my manual sliding door rail on T6 California Beach (thin panel hatched in photo).

20240521_190241.jpg

I can see a single screw inside the door closure area but this just ties one end in tighter and does not do much to release the panel - Does anyone know the easiest way to remove the panel? Do I need to remove all of the interior trim to get to fixings?

Thanks in advance!

There was a post about this recently. From memory there’s a bolt behind the rear light assembly as well as the one you’ve found. Have a search - the post should come up.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll have a look for the other bolt.

I did a search earlier but didn't find anything, if anyone can link I'll be greatful.

That’s correct as @CJW has mentioned there is also another bolt behind the rear light assembly. Best to have some spare trim clips for when you put back on, they’re notorious for snapping those ones. I’ve had mine off a few times and only ever managed to save 2 or 3. They’re the ones with the rubber seal on them, quick google search will show you, I think I got mine from fleabay

Thanks guys
One thing I’ve found about this amazing site is that the search function can’t compete with google’s search. If you type this into google, it will apply the power of google’s algorithms to search only this site:

Site:[Domain] [search string]

Eg

Site:T6Forum.com how to remove small sliding door panel

And neither the local search or Google can compete with the forum collective's "dammit I just read about this on another thread last week, give me a minute..." :thumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Does anyone know where I can order this panel for a T6.1? 'Fortunately' only this panel was damaged when someone drove along the side of my van!!

Back