How to sell a SCA pop top roof

PASHLEY15

Hi all. I am considering having a high top roof fitted to my Hillside Leisure Birchover S campervan. If I go ahead I will be left with the existing SCA pop top roof and the bed board. Where would I sell this and would there be much of a demand for an 18 month old used roof in excellent condition (Painted Ascot Grey)417361699_2115170435506869_1154194241079562159_n.jpg

You can sell on here if you take out VIP membership. There are lots of members who are slowly converting their vans who would be interested.

SCA make very good quality roofs, possibly the first or second choice of many but the higher cost is a factor.
The issue is getting a conversion company to install a secondhand roof as providing warranty could be a problem.
Is the roof spoiler coming off as well? Not an easy job to remove.

When you say ‘considering’, have you found a converter and got a quote? I doubt there are many who would want this job.

SCA make very good quality roofs, possibly the first or second choice of many but the higher cost is a factor.
The issue is getting a conversion company to install a secondhand roof as providing warranty could be a problem.
Is the roof spoiler coming off as well? Not an easy job to remove.

When you say ‘considering’, have you found a converter and got a quote? I doubt there are many who would want this job.
I have a quote and somebody I know is currently having this done. I will see their van once its completed and make a decision.

What do you mean by roof spoiler?

Yes that will be removed and if OK post removal will go with the pop top.
The reason I ask is that it will be hard to remove and the installer almost certainly used abrasive on the cab paint to key in the adhesive. When it’s removed it’s likely that the cab roof will need re-spraying and blending to colour match the rest of the van.

The reason I ask is that it will be hard to remove and the installer almost certainly used abrasive on the cab paint to key in the adhesive. When it’s removed it’s likely that the cab roof will need re-spraying and blending to colour match the rest of the van.
I'd have thought the high top should cover that, wouldn't you think?

@Jim Rey might be a chance to get a quality roof?
Probably a good price but it's the labour that was the biggest percentage cost of the installs. I remember a few years back, before prices went crazy, that a pop-top bare cost was just over £1000 and the labour was £3,000 on top of that. (Maybe it's brain surgeons with a sideline that install them..I don't know)
I have bought a Heki mini skylight which I am going to install so with that open I xan stick my head outside for a look.
I have also taken out my rock and roll bed and kitchen furniture and I am replacing it with a pull out bed.

Last edited:
Back