I can't find a hole

DuncanB

VIP Member
Good evening,

I want to run power from my inverter, located under the drivers seat, to a socket I've installed in a panel in the back. I'd hoped, once I got the b pillar plastic off, that there'd be an obvious route to the channel under the matting. Am I OK to make that small hole bigger that's just to the left of the white cable you can see? I'm just checking because I don't want to fall foul of any MOT regs or anything.

Many thanks.

PXL_20240829_162619192.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

I think the only thing a mot inspector would check is that the seatbelt worked and has no cuts or tears in it.
Be careful there are no sharp edges where your cable goes through the hole or it could wear through and short to the bodywork.

The cables on the left side (front) of the pillar, on the outside, go directly under the seat base and into the area where your inverter would be. You just need to allow them to come through the carpet.

Run it next to those existing cables, to the headliner then back.

If you feed it up the inside of the B pillar to about level with the bottom of the window there is a path through into the area behind the panel below the window (where the panel you have removed fits). If you want to go even further back there is a route through the C panel about the same height (half way up the panel.)

or you can run it out of the grommet underneath the seat, along the chassis and back in via one of the cill bungs.

Back