If we can’t win one, we’ll just have to buy one

ChinaShop

After spending a ton of cash over the past couple of years (probably enough to buy a fleet of campers) on various well-known competition sites and failing thus far to win “the camper of our dreams”, we’ve bought a partially-converted swb T6 (professionally carpeted, insulated, diesel heater and some electrics fitted) so we now have a blank canvas to start from. Now we need to decide on the layout that suits us best and spec storage, cooking, sleeping and pop-up roof options.
We’ve just spent a week in a hired Camper King conversion on the #NC500 so have some ideas what we do and, most importantly, don’t want but we’re always interested in what others would recommend so please, fire away!

Welcome to the wallet emptying forum.
You've done the right thing by hiring 1st and ascertaining what is essential. However, what you think is essential might not be the case a couple of months down the line.
If I could start again, I wouldn't have the conversion I have as I don't use the kitchen or sleep in the van anymore (Awning dweller now) Horse for courses though.

Welcome along. Keep browsing this forum for interior ideas.

There are many helpful threads regarding interior layouts and also 'what have you bought but not used' thread as we are all really good at spending money on this forum :think smile bounce:

Also look out for @t6blo sales for one week old items :whistle:

some electrics fitted
I would advise you get those checked out - a lot of threads here are from folks buying vans with extremely basic leisure systems that then let them down a year or so later.

Much easier to sort that now.

Welcome along. Keep browsing this forum for interior ideas.

There are many helpful threads regarding interior layouts and also 'what have you bought but not used' thread as we are all really good at spending money on this forum :think smile bounce:

Also look out for @t6blo sales for one week old items :whistle:

Back