Installed App Connect but USB Device Not Supported

chadlcfc

Hello everyone,

I bought the app Connect off of eBay as a 'cheap upgrade' for my 2016 T6 Headunit.

It was a long process in which I actually ended up having to buy a new screen for £200 as I had a dead spot and some gel leak which meant I couldn't go back.

It has all been installed fine now, app connect is accessible but I plug my iPhone in and it says USB is not supported.

Does anybody know the fix for this?

Thanks

Adam

449107549_10231561263190568_2178862988164544827_n.png

If you don’t have app connect from the factory then you may have the wrong coding in the headunit or the wrong usb socket installed, it needs to be an Apple compatible socket for it to work

It’s more than likely incompatible socket but the only way to be sure is to check the coding and/or remove the usb socket and check the part number

Most of the apple compatible sockets have a green connector on the rear but there is a limited few purple ones out there also

Hey man,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see you had replied then actually was on your profile from another car play thread and clicked this thread thinking 'that's the same problem I have'

I have ordered the green part but now will that need some coding?

Thanks for the reply!

Do you know if I can adjust the coding with Carista? I might order it on amazon.

Is it just a simple changing the USB input setting?

Not sure about Carista ?
I have only done it with VCDS, theres a coding option for USB configuration and sometimes it just needs to be changed - Module 5F byte 19
If its any of the top three it needs to be changed to C0

IMG_3385.JPG

I should point out that the above screenshot is from my old T6 which had discover media headunit (sat nav) if yours is non nav it will be slightly different

Back