Insulation

Campdavid

Just about to start insulating and sound deadening my van. What's the consensus of opinion about using Silent Coat 2mm and Dodo Thermo Liner 10mm on the floor.

I've bought enough to cover the sides with 30% with Silent Coat and 100% with Thermo liner, but is it necessary to line the floor 100% with this material? Its quite expensive and I would have thought the corrugated nature of the floor would stop panel "boom" and resonance?

I did the floor fully in ours with butyl sound deadening and I wouldn’t bother next time because as you say its ribbed and unlikely to resonate. Wheel arches yes.

I’m probably going to have to remove it when/if we put a ply floor down with nice vinyl.

Just about to start insulating and sound deadening my van. What's the consensus of opinion about using Silent Coat 2mm and Dodo Thermo Liner 10mm on the floor.

I've bought enough to cover the sides with 30% with Silent Coat and 100% with Thermo liner, but is it necessary to line the floor 100% with this material? Its quite expensive and I would have thought the corrugated nature of the floor would stop panel "boom" and resonance?

Have a read and watch the videos.

Will confirm that your plan is correct. No need for 100% Silent Coat.

Back