Interior Central Locking Button not working

poortomsacold

Afternoon all

Since I bought my 2016 T6 a few weeks ago the interior Central Locking Button on the driver's door doesn't work. It will unlock the van but not lock the van at all.

On Carista I get a recurring error - 03303 - Feedback lock status, left door rear: implausible signal.

I've checked all doors and they lock and unlock from the key fob with no problem, including both rear doors, so am unsure what the issue is. I've tried resetting the code but it keeps coming back.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm taking it away for a short break soon so it would be good to be able to lock from the inside without setting the sensors (although I think a quick double lock with the key fob will do the same).

Thanks!

Sounds like the switch/button is faulty.

Have a look below how the switch works electrically - just a resistor online for locking - and a short circuit for unlocking.

Sounds like the switch/button is faulty.

Have a look below how the switch works electrically - just a resistor online for locking - and a short circuit for unlocking.
Thanks for that.

Looks like a will have to keep an eye out for a replacement switch - they're pretty pricey on eBay.

Thanks for that.

Looks like a will have to keep an eye out for a replacement switch - they're pretty pricey on eBay.
Well I've removed the switch from the equation and it's still not locking. The unlock works (brown wire when touched with the yellow one) but the lock cable (blue wire) seems dead. So maybe a more in depth wiring problem?

Well I've removed the switch from the equation and it's still not locking. The unlock works (brown wire when touched with the yellow one) but the lock cable (blue wire) seems dead. So maybe a more in depth wiring problem?
Well, I'd say that because unlock works it proves the wiring is good - because both unlock and lock use the same two wires (yellow & brown/black)
You should try connecting across yellow and brown/black about 770 ohm resistor - to prove the van then locks.

The gray/blue is for button illumination.

1713014247760.png

Full wiring diagram in downloads:

The door sends a confirmation signal back so the van knows if it’s open/closed and locked/unlocked, I assume the van is not receiving that signal due to a faulty/failing piece of the door lock mechanism

The door sends a confirmation signal back so the van knows if it’s open/closed and locked/unlocked, I assume the van is not receiving that signal due to a faulty/failing piece of the door lock mechanism
Maybe I should replace the rear lock mechanism and see if that fixes the error code and then resolves the central locking issues.

Back