Interior idea sense check

Paynewright

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Currently we need to maintain 6 seats as occasionally need to transport us 4 and 2 elderly parents. SWMBO doesnt like the double front seat so we have two captains chairs up front, 2+1 in row two and a single shuttle seat in row three.

Dilema is that we want a camper with bed for weekends / holidays away for two of us. We dont want a cooker or sink in the van, just a comfy bed and place to sit if the weather inclement. No pop top. A kombi bed arrangement is too high and leave little space to manoeuvre.

I’ve been pondering layouts and think the best compromise is a fully removable U shape layout. I’d go for full buffalo board floor with cut outs for the seat brackets. Then mark out the cabinets and use M6 T nuts pulled into the ply floor to hold down the cabinets to make them removeable.

What are your thoughts on this idea? As I type I do wonder if a sliding rail Cali / Caravelle set up would be best?

The std caravelle layout is the 3 seat bench at the rear, which folds into a double bed (with the multi flex board or similar at the back), 2x single seats in the mid row, and 2x front seats.

That would probably suit you perfectly. 7 seats, and easily (5 minute job) convert the bench seat into a double bed.

1000004643.jpg

Just having a quick search on ebay it looks like a £6k spend to swap out our seats for caravelle rail seats with matching front seats. U shape probably <£1k.

Looks cheaper (more cost effective) to sell our van and buy a caravelle or go U shape!

Some U-shape installs have two passenger positions with seat belts. Extends out to a full width full length bed. Cascade Solace is an example. You could then have a folding table (like mine in the pic) and still fit (I think) two removable non-sliding seats in the mid area where the sliding door is. That’d be a 2+2+2 layout.

Mine’s a LWB, however.

IMG_6787.jpeg

Last edited:
Back