Inverter cable maker

danncus

Hi. I’m looking for recommendations for someone to make up a cable for a 1000w inverter.

Currently I have a loose 500w inverter on flying leads to a small Anderson plug carried over from my old van, I’d like a similar setup, but I’d like the crimps to be robust from a mechanical point of view. The inverter has
Straight lug connections as attached

Thanks

IMG_4841.jpeg

Difficult to tell the size from the photo, but they don't look up to taking 80+ Amps. I'd have expected a bolted/stud connection

Difficult to tell the size from the photo, but they don't look up to taking 80+ Amps. I'd have expected a bolted/stud connection
My 16mm2 ferule comfortably fits in the hole, so I think it’s man enough, but I don’t like the lack of strain relief, I’ll put it on a patress board and fix the cable

My 16mm2 ferule comfortably fits in the hole, so I think it’s man enough, but I don’t like the lack of strain relief, I’ll put it on a patress board and fix the cable
Ah right, so just needs some 16mm ferrules & crimping pliers then. How long is the cable run from battery to inverter?

Ah right, so just needs some 16mm ferrules & crimping pliers then. How long is the cable run from battery to inverter?
1m would be plenty. My crimping pliars arn’t man enough to make a nice termination.
I’d want to have a grey 50a Anderson plug at the battery end (under the passenger seat)
My machinery would draw 500w max when running (one item is a key cutting machine, so there would be a spike on start up)

Back