Is a remapping required once you change to a ABT exhaust?

Smudgers_81

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a 204 remapped to 257 and am currently having the exhaust swapped over to the twin exit ABT exhaust - please can somebody help and let me know will this affect the performance/remap? Ie will the van need to be remapped again having swapped the exhaust?

There will be more experienced people that can maybe give you a more quantifiable answer however I would guess that any exhaust that maintains the DPF would make a negligible difference to performance and likely cause no issues to the map.

The DPF is the bottle neck in a diesel exhaust and the turbo won't notice a great deal of what happens after that.

If you want the most performance returns from any mods you should really retune after any changes to maximise any benefits. If you just like the look/sound I'd just crack on and enjoy it.

There will be more experienced people that can maybe give you a more quantifiable answer however I would guess that any exhaust that maintains the DPF would make a negligible difference to performance and likely cause no issues to the map.

The DPF is the bottle neck in a diesel exhaust and the turbo won't notice a great deal of what happens after that.

If you want the most performance returns from any mods you should really retune after any changes to maximise any benefits. If you just like the look/sound I'd just crack on and enjoy it.
Thank you

Back