Kador & Awning length

PaulT2606

Hello to everyone! New to the Van and to the Forum but have a question to ask If I may. We have a Fiamma F45s with a Kador which appears to measure 254cm from the open end to the stop, and we're wanting to buy a drive away awning. Must the awning length fall within 254cm? The reason I ask is a 260cm length gives a lot more options. Can we go with 260cm and have a small overhang? Thanks for taking the trouble to read this and thanks you for any kind replies. Sorry if it's a stupid question! We just want to get this right.

Last edited:
I have a 260cm railsail on a 250cm awning rail, slight overhang both ends. It’s never been an issue.

Hello to everyone! New to the Van and to the Forum but have a question to ask If I may. We have a Fiamma F45s with a Kador which appears to measure 254cm from the open end to the stop, and we're wanting to buy a drive away awning. Must the awning length fall within 254cm? The reason I ask is a 260cm length gives a lot more options. Can we go with 260cm and have a small overhang? Thanks for taking the trouble to read this and thanks you for any kind replies. Sorry if it's a stupid question! We just want to get this right.
Hi @PaulT2606 Welcome to our 'well thumbed' Forum, a place where, on occasion, good things have happened! Go with the 260, as long as it's pegged down well you shouldn't have an issue. You'll probably want to buy a 3m kador strip with the 'figure 8' connector strips and cut them down a bit to suit. Make sure you get the twin 4/6mm kador, the Fiamma takes the smaller one.
We have an F45s with a large driveaway awning and we have a bit of an overhang, it's never bothered us! Use the top channel on the F45s for the kador, gives more clearance for the side door to open freely.
Feel free to pop a picture or 3 up of your van, it's a rule that's currently unwritten but should be written! People love pictures!

Hi @PaulT2606 Welcome to our 'well thumbed' Forum, a place where, on occasion, good things have happened! Go with the 260, as long as it's pegged down well you shouldn't have an issue. You'll probably want to buy a 3m kador strip with the 'figure 8' connector strips and cut them down a bit to suit. Make sure you get the twin 4/6mm kador, the Fiamma takes the smaller one.
We have an F45s with a large driveaway awning and we have a bit of an overhang, it's never bothered us! Use the top channel on the F45s for the kador, gives more clearance for the side door to open freely.
Feel free to pop a picture or 3 up of your van, it's a rule that's currently unwritten but should be written! People love pictures!
Many thanks to you both, Deaky and Drive Wayne! Van currently too dirty to take and post pics but I will do so just as soon as I get time to wash it off...

Back