Kenwood DMX5020DABS and reversing sensor lines

gikster

Hello, I have just had the above unit installed.

All good other than when I reverse my old unit used to show the distance bars. I'm not getting that with this one!

I read that it is compatible with a revering camera, is it compatible with the sensors?

Is there anything I can do to connect this up?

Any advice welcome

Hello, I have just had the above unit installed.

All good other than when I reverse my old unit used to show the distance bars. I'm not getting that with this one!

I read that it is compatible with a revering camera, is it compatible with the sensors?

Is there anything I can do to connect this up?

Any advice welcome
It’s not directly compatible with sensors, unlike it’s more expensive brother dmx8021dabs

You can use a connects2 infoadapter , not cheap mind and a little involved fitting it

It’s not directly compatible with sensors, unlike it’s more expensive brother dmx8021dabs

You can use a connects2 infoadapter , not cheap mind and a little involved fitting it
Hello, thanks for the reply. I've had a look at the info adaptor and it appears I have one connected. (If im looking at the right thing). It's a little black box thing with some cables coming out right?

Hello, thanks for the reply. I've had a look at the info adaptor and it appears I have one connected. (If im looking at the right thing). It's a little black box thing with some cables coming out right?
I expect you just have the normally steering wheel CanBus interface , the infoadapter is quite a large box, as in picture below against a interface similar to yours -

IMG_8282.jpeg

You are missing the lead that goes into the reverse camera input , that displays the parking sensors

You are missing the lead that goes into the reverse camera input , that displays the parking sensors
Is that all that's missing? Can I purchase this separately? I've had a look and can't find it anywhere. Not entirely sure what im looking for though!

Is that all that's missing? Can I purchase this separately? I've had a look and can't find it anywhere. Not entirely sure what im looking for though!
I will take a look to see if I have any tomorrow

I will take a look to see if I have any tomorrow
Also interested to see what this lead is and how it works? Just a single lead transfers the parking sensor graphics onto the reversing camera image?

That would be great thankyou!
Also FM/AM radio does not seem to be finding any stations, would there be a reason for this?
Not seeing any BBC stations in the DAB
Scrap that! All working fine now!

Only issue is that the radio cuts out every time the auto stop-start stops! Then comes back on when the engine re-starts!
Any way of changing this?

Back