Lifewithavan for sale website

Vwejit

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’m pretty sure i have just fallen for a scam, or at least been duped into listing my van for sale on this website……..
My van is up for sale on the forum, but also in a few other places including Facebook - someone reached out to me on Facebook by direct message and recommended i use the Lifewithavan website saying it was really good and will definitely sell on there………..£40 later, I’m starting to feel a bit stupid……..it may well be listed and a genuine website, but certainly wasn’t a website i had heard of previously.
Anyone on here heard of it, or been approached in a similar way?

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Hopefully the worst that can happen is you're out of pocket £40, but lets hope you get lots of internet hits and sell the van. I haven't heard of the site, but I haven't heard of lots of things. Did you give them your card details?

Never heard of it either but when I googled it it came up with a site with vans for sale so on the face of it it seems ok

Hopefully the worst that can happen is you're out of pocket £40, but lets hope you get lots of internet hits and sell the van. I haven't heard of the site, but I haven't heard of lots of things. Did you give them your card details?
Yeah - credit card details to pay for the listing……..not sure it’s a complete rip off, but feel a bit duped listing it on there as I google searched campervans for sale, and the website doesn’t return in the first 25 pages I looked at. Got fed up after that. Can’t see it was worth £40……

I’ve got mine for sale too and also had someone recommend that site with an attached link. I didn’t trust it so didn’t bother but if it is genuine I hope you get a sale out of it. There’s that many for sale at the minute so I suppose any help is a bonus. Good luck with your sale.

Probably not really a scam, just a site that no one looks at created to provide advertising.

I had a similar experience after receiving an email with an invoice to renew my listing in a local business directory which I'd never heard off.
Designed to look like a gov.uk website, they use publically avilable data to create local parish directories, which nobody looks at or knows about.

They've created these for thousands of parishes all over the country, I'm sure lots of people just pay the £20 without thinking about it so nice little hustle for someone.

Reactions: CAB
Probably not really a scam, just a site that no one looks at created to provide advertising.

I had a similar experience after receiving an email with an invoice to renew my listing in a local business directory which I'd never heard off.
Designed to look like a gov.uk website, they use publically avilable data to create local parish directories, which nobody looks at or knows about.

They've created these for thousands of parishes all over the country, I'm sure lots of people just pay the £20 without thinking about it so nice little hustle for someone.
That's a very well designed (= copied) site. It does look extremely Gov.UK !!

Yeah - credit card details to pay for the listing……..not sure it’s a complete rip off, but feel a bit duped listing it on there as I google searched campervans for sale, and the website doesn’t return in the first 25 pages I looked at. Got fed up after that. Can’t see it was worth £40……
came up straight away in a search on their website, looks legit.

1719988713189.png

Back