Lithium Battery for Inverter

Mister-E

VIP Member
I'm having a 250w solar panel with victron panel and a planar diesel heater installed very soon in my T6.1. however, I'm also considering installing an inverter for that extra option for 240v when off-grid.

The battery I currently have is this XR-1750

The DC charger I have is this (BB1230) Pro Batt Ultra Battery to Battery Chargers, Green Label, 2 Year Warranty

I have been advised I should get a 3000w inverter, a Renogy Pure Sine Wave, but should I be changing the battery for a lithium?

Would the inverter even work properly without changing the battery? If I am best off changing the battery for lithium, what do people recommend to work with the above? My current battery is installed under the driver's seat.

Thanks.

Renogy advise 100ah lithium per 1000w inverter.

So that is three 100ah lithium batteries for your 3kw inverter....

Plus a 50A DC-DC charger to keep them going.

Your XR AGM battery will struggle over 600w on just battery.... So you will need to have the engine running while the inverter is driving a large load.

That's very useful information, thank you. I did suspect 3kw was not going to be suitable. I might just opt for a 1kw and upgrade to a single lithium battery and I wouldn't be using any high powered appliances. Any battery recommendations?

That's very useful information, thank you. I did suspect 3kw was not going to be suitable. I might just opt for a 1kw and upgrade to a single lithium battery and I wouldn't be using any high powered appliances. Any battery recommendations?
Sure.

Look at:

Renogy,
Roamer,
Forgstar,

I have just put up a Renogy battery for sale. I also have a Victron dc-dc 30A charger available.

Back