Loose Chippings!

T6dder

Web/graphic designer
T6 Guru
Just got back from a short family break and I can't believe the amount of roads that have been resurfaced with loose chippings!! They drive me mad :mad: Not only does no one slow down on them, causing stones to fly towards my paintwork, but they are very dangerous surfaces for cyclists and motorcyclists.

I could hear ping, ping, ping all the time as stones hit my chrome bars. I dread to think what I will find when I clean the van next :(

Rant over.

I had exactly the same on Tuesday for about 5 miles with lorry after lorry flying past the opposite way so you can only imagine what my language was like but if that wasn't bad enough today I was working in a lovely little terraced cottage surrounded by a stone wall and when I had finished and went out the van I was treated by the old fella next door who was happy chipping all the mortar out with a hammer about 6 inches from the van. He then looks at me with a smile and said it was a good job he was slim otherwise he wouldn't have been able to get between the wall and van to swing his hammer. Well all I can say is that I was not impressed at all and I really wished that he had eaten all the pies when he was younger.

Oh yes! I have lost 2 windscreens in the last year to loose chippings.

Both times a tiny pit in the bottom corner and crack.

Going to cost the insurance company even more for a T6 heated screen!

Imagine my joy this morning when I saw this, it was everywhere and everyone coming the opposite thought that they were Nigel Mansell!!!!

image.jpeg

Back